Snips and Snails. That's what I'm calling my Blog. I don't remember who wrote this nursery rhyme, but I'm pretty sure they had no boys of their own. Try guns and cars and punches from behind. Seriously. The testosterone is constantly flying in this house. Someone is always instigating and someone always ends up crying. It only gets better as my biggest kid walks through the door after a day at work.
Today, as I pick Carter up from school, the first thing out of his mouth is that I needed to get his "girlfriends" number. WHAT????? He is 4 1/2 years old and has a girlfriend? I didn't know about boyfriends/girlfriends until at least 4th grade. And to think he's only in PRESCHOOL!!!!! Ahhhh, I love being a mother. All the new things that come out of my kids mouth never fail to amuse me.
That last line brings me to this.....
This isn't necessarily something funny that Chans said, it's something funny he did. I was on the computer a couple of nights ago, and I hear "Mama, mama, mammaamammamam" then a little bit of fussing. I could feel him playing under there and looked under and this is what I saw. Somehow he had maneuvered his little body onto the bars under the chair and had gotten stuck. And he was yelling for help.
As a final note for today....
"A mother is one to whom you hurry when you are troubled." ~Emily Dickinson
No comments:
Post a Comment