Saturday, February 21, 2009

Becoming an Adult

This quote from The Wonder Years fits perfectly....

"Growing up is never easy. You hold on to things that were. You wonder what's to come. I think we knew it was time to let go of what had been, and look ahead to what would be. Other days. New days. Days to come. The thing is, we didn't have to hate each other for getting older. We just had to forgive ourselves... for growing up.”

There are days that I just can't believe I'm an adult. Today would be one. I look at my family and have to pinch myself to remind myself that this is real. Somedays I feel like I'm playing house or I'm going to wake up and I'm going to be 5 years old again.

I have seen many of my friends become husband and wives, mothers and fathers, and just can't believe we've turned into adults. I think I'm having a mini crisis with it! Hehehe, only kidding... but it's so different to see us all this way. For example, my best friend just got married! Holy caca! I remember all the memories from sleepovers, to laughs, to tears, to raising hell and sharing secrets and just can't help but to get emotional that life is really going by in the blink of an eye. I have a good friend from high school who just got engaged. I'm seeing my little brother and sister grow up. My kids are getting bigger and bigger each day! This is why I'd never choose to do what my dad did. I'd be missing out on sooo much!

So ok, enough emotional-ness. (Yes that is a new word that I just thought of) My dental appointment went very smoothly yesterday. I had all these horrible thoughts like I was going to have to have all my teeth pulled, that they were going to be sooo mean to me, and I was going to be treated like a "naughty" child for not going to the dentist for so long. But when I got there, it was nothing like that at all! My hygenist actually said my teeth looked really good for not going for six years! YAY! No root canals but I do have to go and get my fillings re-done because the ones my old dentist did were crap. And the grand total for replacing those? 700 dollars. What the funk? Military dental insurance sucks.

As a final note for today....
"You're gonna miss this, You're gonna want this back, You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast, These Are Some Good Times, So take a good look around, You may not know it now, But you're gonna miss this"- Trace Adkins

No comments:

Post a Comment