So... as many of you may know, our dog Kylie was super sick for the past week and a half. It started out with her just throwing up about 1 million times a day... well... maybe only 8 or 9 but it felt like a million... and then she started to get a weird (TMI ALERT) black stringy tar like poop. At that point, I figured, ok I'm going to bring her to the vet, maybe she ate some plastic or some string off her rope toy. I just dropped her off at the vets and they said they would get back to me within a few hours to let us know what was up. A few hours go by and Dr. Barb calls us and says "I think it might be rat poisoning and I'm not sure she will make it through the night." HOLY CRAP! We started to panic and the doctor called us back about 2 hours later and said, "You can come get her, we gave her a vitamin K shot and we will have the blood test in the morning for you" Well needless to say, Kylie threw up all night long and the tests came back that it wasn't poisoning. We brought her in again and they did more tests and xrays. She stayed at the vets all day and they said she hadn't thrown up or had diarrhea, so we could pick her up and if she got sick again to bring her in the following morning. AGAIN, she threw up all night, had diarrhea all night and the next morning, a HUGE clump of blood came out, so back to the vets we went, dealing with diarrhea in my NEW VAN, F-ING NASTY. She ended up staying there for about 4-5 days and now Kylie is her hyper self again. Figures. She's a faker. :) Only kidding, but we have no clue what could have caused it, but we do know that we now have one hell of a vet bill. Thank you to her doctors though for letting us have a payment plan and being the nicest to our doggy while she had her stay there.

Moving on.... Well for this next part, there are no words... this just makes the reality of what's to come in the next few months so much harder.

And finally, my NEW KINDLE!!!! YAY!

Oh I LOVE IT! It's so much easier to have all my books in one place... except for the fact that I have to get all my books on it... but they cost money, so once I do, it will be easier ;) This is only the Kindle 1 but the Kindle 2 isn't all that much different. I heard a rumor that the Kindle 3 is supposedly coming out at the end of this year, so that's probably when I will upgrade.
As a final note for today:
I've traveled the world twice over,
Met the famous; saints and sinners,
Poets and artists, kings and queens,
Old stars and hopeful beginners,
I've been where no-one's been before,
Learned secrets from writers and cooks
All with one library ticket
To the wonderful world of books.
~ Anonymous ~
No comments:
Post a Comment