Friday, October 2, 2009

2 months, 2 weeks and counting

WHHHHHEEEEEEEWWWWW! I feel so silly, like little kid silly, and tired all at the same time today. I feel like there is sooo much to say, but I don't know where to start!

First and foremost, thoughts go out to my friend Irene and her family. Her hubby is leaving for a TDY (I think that's what it's considered, I've only been through deployments so... hahhaha!) and I know that it's going to be so very hard for her. I'm hoping that I can make the burden a little lighter for her while he's gone, because she has kept me so sane during this deployment. Honestly, I never realized the importance of friends during these. I love you Platts :)

Second, having two kids in school during the week is soooo nice. I really thought I was going to have a hard time with them both being gone and me being sad, but I LOVE it. I really do. It gives me that extra time to spend with my little 1 year old lovebug. HOWEVER, he's starting to have a bit of a 'tude. I think the terrible two's are starting early ;)



The biggest thing on my mind is my hubby coming home. Coming home.... Wow. Who would have thought I'd be saying that soooo soon. HAHHAHAHA. So soon? Am I nuts? It's been 5 months since I last saw him! Where the hell did all the time go? I have 2 months until he's back! It's always the first month and the last 2 months that are the hardest for any deployment, TDY, remote... whatever the military member has been on. I just keep imagining what it's going to be like to get him from the airport, how nervous I am about him actually coming home (we'll get to that later) and what life is going to be like when he's back. It's a bunch of mixed emotions. Anybody that has been through this can relate....

His coming home excites me and scares me to death. Many of you are probably thinking "Why in the world would it scare her?" Well let me tell you... I'm scared of what I may have to deal with when he comes home (the last deployment to this place was HELL when he came home), getting back into the "routine" of having someone else here, the fighting (yes, we fight because its feels like the first year of marriage ALL OVER AGAIN, getting used to each other), and just knowing the next deployment is right around the corner. Don't get me wrong, there are GREAT things about him coming home, the kids seeing their daddy again, getting hugs and kisses, having a "helper" when the kids just aren't listening to me.

I also have been thinking about what it's going to be like to see him again. I haven't seen him AT ALL since he left. I haven't seen pictures, I haven't seen him on webcam, nada. This is one downfall of deployments.... many places they go, they aren't allowed to use webcams.

I just want the time to go by fast. I want it to stop making me feel super antsy. Mostly, I just want it to be done.

I look back on the blogs that I have written over the last few months and think to myself "How did I EVER get through that?" I don't know how, but I did. And I'm soooo proud of myself for holding it together, even though I've wanted to just throw one HUGE tantrum.

This whole blog is all over the place, but this is what it's like in my mind right now. December, you should have been here yesterday....

2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh you are SO sweet! Friends are important, and I'm so glad I have you! I'm sooooo excited for Bri to come home, and you take your month long vaca ;). You've been such an inspiration to me, you have no idea. You need to get like the best military wife of the year award lol! Love you girly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO I'm so glad to have you! Wow, just to think of all the stuff we have been through over these last months, I really don't think there could have been a better friend to go through it with! It really is an Army Wives episode :) I mean it. I really hope that I can help lighten your load while Jasper is gone... even if it's just to take the kids to the park or have you guys over for dinner. I know that the time is going by fast now and you don't want him to leave, but trust me, it will go by so fast when he's gone too. :) Oh yeah. I don't need any awards. LOL. I'm just doing what I can :) LOVE YA!

    ReplyDelete