Today is the first day in 145 days that I got to see my husband... that my children got to see their daddy. WHAT AN AMAZING MOMENT THAT WAS! I have never seen my childrens' faces light up like that before. Even at Christmas!
*Note: I DID NOT give my children McDonalds for breakfast this morning. No, not me ;)*
Carter, Aiden and Channing could not get enough of Daddy being "in the computer".
Carter and Aiden made funny faces at Daddy, while Channing giggled the whole time. We have done this before (the Skype thing) while Brian was in Turkey, but the kids were really young the last time and didn't fully understand it. The kids kept telling Daddy how much they missed him and they couldn't wait until he comes home... which will be after Halloween, Easter and Thanksgiving (Carter's words) :).
As for me? I could absolutely KISS the maker of Skype. I'd have his little Skypie babies with him. (hahah just kidding) I got to talk to my husband for an HOUR AND A HALF today! Holy CRAP! I think that adds up to all the 10 minute phone calls over the past 5 months! IN ONE CONVERSATION! I did get a little teary when I first saw him, but it faded away so fast. He looks so GREAT! But at the same time, he showed me around the hanger he was in and it made me feel so sad for all the men and women there. It just looked so very lonely.
I will be on cloud nine until tomorrow.... yes I said tomorrow, because I will get to see him AGAIN and everyday (or try for everyday) until he's back here in our arms in 2 more months. Wow. This was DEFINITELY worth the wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment