It seemed like when Brian was deployed, I had all the time in the world to blog. Now, I feel like I barely can do anything because now, once I put the kids to be, the hubby needs his attention. Yes, somedays I feel like I'm a mother to not only 3 children, but 4. Hehehhe.
I got bored today and went through old stuff I had posted on Facebook. I found an interview that I did with Carter and Aiden and redid it with them. Except this time I asked about daddy. One of Carter's answers had me almost peeing my pants.
What is your Dad not very good at?
Carter's response: aliens vs predators because he always gets bited and dead by the aliens.
I think Daddy would be a little upset at the negativity towards his video game skills. ;)
I then asked Aiden how old he thought I was.
Um.... Hmmmm..... 7.
Really? That was a long, LONG time ago son. I haven't been 7 for a while now. HAHAH!
One of the old answers that I got from Aiden when asked what I like to do for fun was:
To make Chan Chans
Yes, I do believe I liked that :)
*Chan Chans is what we call Channing.*
It just cracks me up what kids say. I wish that I could write down an entire book for each of them filled with the funny things they have said.
Aside from all the funny things they have said, life here at the Marshall house has been pretty normal. I have bumped up my school work to 2 classes a month. I would love to get my degree a lot sooner, so we'll see how this goes.
As some of you may know, we have been trying for baby number 4. We started in January last year, had to stop in May (Brian deployed) and started up again the minute he got home. I am getting pretty discouraged to say the least. Why does it seem that when you want to get pregnant, everyone else in the world is, by accident? I try to be happy for my friends, but inside, it hurts. I long to hold another baby in my arms. It makes me feel like I'm being selfish for even asking for anymore, but I don't feel like I'm done. It just seems unfair.
Channing took us 2 1/2 years to get pregnant with. We never used birth control after having Aiden and it was the worst 2 1/2 years of waiting... ever. We had an appointment set for the second week in August of 2007 to see fertility specialists and a week before we had to go, I found out I was pregnant. This time around, I'm terrified it's going to take that long again. I went to the doctors and the doctor that I saw said "Because you already have three children, I'm never going to consider you infertile. You'll just have to keep going until you get pregnant." What kind of doctor says that?
There is something called secondary infertility. It is classified as becoming infertile after one or more births. My cycles (TMI) are completely out of whack. My shortest cycle was 29 days and my longest was 40. So that means, if we want to get pregnant, we need to pretty much have sex every other day for the entire month. Many of my ovulation predictor tests have never become positive while others show positive signs for two weeks! I've done the charting thing, the BBT thing, and even that's not showing anything. I just hope that this stops soon and we can welcome another baby into our home.
For any of you that have had a hard time getting pregnant, was there anything you did? Anything you did to keep your spirits up about it?
No comments:
Post a Comment