Tuesday, March 9, 2010

What a sad, sad day

I have been working on this post for 2 hours. I can't find the right words to say...



I do not know this little girl personally. However, I have been following her Mama's blog and Twitter posts for the last couple of months.

Layla Grace was 2 1/2 years old.

Layla Grace had cancer.

2 1/2 year old's shouldn't be dying from cancer.

They shouldn't be dying at all.

I can't even being to comprehend what her Mama and Daddy must be going through. She has two sisters that also are dealing with her passing.

I am deeply saddened by her death. It just doesn't seem fair that there are nasty people in this world and instead of them dying... little, innocent children are.

I look at my children and am soo THANKFUL that they are healthy...

... that they don't have to deal with the loss of a sibling.

... that I get another day with them.

I remember seeing this picture a few weeks ago and my heart just broke looking at it:



Seriously, I started to cry when I saw it. How does a parent make it through the day when they know their child is suffering?

Her Mama and Daddy had and have some serious strength.

I always say I don't know how parents can deal with a child that passes. I think if I were in that situation... well... maybe that thought would be different. I guess you just learn to cope. You really don't have any other choice.

My thoughts are with the Marsh family today.



I am truly saddened at the passing of their little girl.

May you rest in peace little Layla Grace.

11/26/2007-03/09/10

2 comments:

  1. Heartbreaking. My prayers are with them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this post brought tears to my eyes... very heart wrenching. may the angels take her to a happy place where there's no pain and no suffering... my prayers for her and her family.

    thanks for sharing this. :)

    ReplyDelete