How so very true! I gave birth to my first child, my first baby boy 5 years ago today. 5 years ago!? I can't believe how fast time has flown by with him. I remember the night he was born... I was sooo scared, just barely turning 20 three weeks before, welcoming this baby into a world that I was uncertain of too. I didn't hear him cry when he first came out, and with my heart in my throat, I panicked and asked my husband why he wasn't crying. I would later find out that he was blue, with the umbilical cord around his neck. About 1-2 minutes later, but what felt like a lifetime, I hear this tiny little scream and the tears started to flow. I didn't get to see my little man at first because they needed to get him checked out to make sure he was ok, and I needed to regain the feelings in my body. (I had a c-section) I ended up not being able to see him for a good 2-3 hours after he was born, except through a picture, because the epidural had me puking my guts out.
After I felt like I was done dying (hehe), they brought this little blonde haired boy (we called him Mr. Magoo because his hair was only on the sides like an old man) and I never knew I could love someone so much. I couldn't stop staring at him. I was told NOT to sleep with him in my bed, but mother's know best. :) Wrapping that little boy up so close to my chest, I fell asleep to the smell of new baby. I would give anything to go back to that day. My hubby would get so mad at me because he would want to hold "the baby" and I wanted him to myself forever.

Now, I look at him and see that same baby boy that I gave birth to 5 years ago. I can't believe how much he has grown, and am so proud of the little boy he is, and the big boy he's growing up to be.
It was when I had my first child that I understood how much my mother loved me.
No comments:
Post a Comment