Anyone that has an almost two year old probably knows that the terrible two start wayyyy before two.
In my case, I thought I was getting lucky with Channing. I thought that he was going to jump right past those horrible, naughty two's.
NOPE.
This morning the devil came out of him.
Ok, so only the horns did.
I was trying to get all three ready to get the big kids to school. Channing decided he was going to climb up the stairs and sit on top of Aiden. That caused a total ruckus.
Yes. I said ruckus.
Aiden screamed at the top of his lungs, "CHANNNNNNNNIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGG, GET OFF OF MEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!"
Not wanting to listen to screaming, I picked Channing up off the stairs and told him to knock it off. He looked right at me and smacked me.
OH NO! NOT MY 21 MONTH OLD! HE'S ALWAYS A SWEETHEART!
He immediately jumped back and looked at me with the most shocked face ever. To be honest, I was pretty shocked too. Today was the first day he's ever done that to me.
Thinking it was a one time thing, I brought the big kids to school and once I dropped them off, I went to put Channing into his carseat. He became a noodle and wouldn't sit straight in his seat.
"CHANNING BRIAN.... SIT IN YOUR SEAT!!!!" I said to him.
What did he do? Looked right at me and grabbed a fist full of my hair and pulled as hard as he could.
Shit. I guess we hit the terrible two's. We hit them hard.
Sweet baby.... no more.
Well, maybe they will end early too. I didn't get them until three with my son. My daughter still has them at 10. ;)
ReplyDeleteOh I know the feeling! My 20 month old is doing the exact same thing! He is into everything! He is climbing on the kitchen counters and getting into the cabinets, as well as climbing the steps (which he's not supposed to be on) and I could go on and on, but you know what I'm talking about already. He isn't hitting me, but is throwing terrible tantrums. I have learned though with my older boys not to give into them. Don't you just love this age? LOL
ReplyDeletehaha welcome to the real world!
ReplyDeleteremember me? it's been a while friend. hope you'll visit again ;)
STILL hoping you will link my blogs as you are linked in all 4 of them...
ReplyDeletevisit me back please?
http://earthymsjen.blogspot.com
http://at-a-blink.blogspot.com
http://heniperrr.blogspot.com
http://heartquakesss.blogspot.com