Thursday, February 25, 2010

Potty training....not for me.

Potty training. HA! I don't even know where to begin on this topic.

Potty training our oldest child was ok. He didn't want anything to do with the potty or underwear until he was almost 4. No lie.

Channing, our third son, was born April 2008. Carter was still in diapers at the time and during the first week in May, I told him I have had enough of him being in diapers. (Not to mention we had 3 in diapers at that point) We put him in underwear and low and behold... NO ACCIDENTS OR ANYTHING!!!! I still believe he was just being lazy and didn't want to try the potty... but whatever... we got him out of diapers! Yay!

Aiden, our second son, is now...well...LORD HELP US. He just turned 4 in November and is still in diapers and I don't see him ever being out of them.

This week I have told him that Pull-Ups are underwear. It worked great until last night. The poop fairy hit our house and left his (or her) mark...

All over the walls, toliet, and Aiden.

Aiden was upstairs in the bathroom and I hear "Mama, I pooped." Thinking it's just one of the other "normal" 15 million times he's pooped today, I said "Ok, I'll be there in a minute."

I wish that minute never happened.

I walked upstairs to a POOP DISASTER. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the mess that was waiting for me! Aiden was covered, head to toe, in poop. It was all over the toilet, all over the walls, all over the shower door... etc, etc, etc. I have never seen such a mess in my life! (That's saying a lot because I've dealt with massive baby blowouts numerous times!)

One look at Aiden and I couldn't stop myself.... "HOW IN THE HELL DID YOU GET POOP EVERYWHERE??????" I seriously had no clue what else to say! Holy crap might have been a better way to express my disbelief, but I couldn't think straight.

Of course, all of this happened right when Brian needed to be picked up. Figures.

Needless to say, I spent most of my night washing everything and wiping down the bathroom with thousands and thousands of disinfecting wipes.

*Thank you Lysol... for not making me waste paper towels and all my cleaners. Your all in one wipes are a lifesaver.

I know that they say when a child is ready to be potty trained, it will happen. Do they still mean that when the child is 30? I'm thinking that's how old Aiden is going to be when he finally is fully trained.

Oh Aiden, I love you little boy.... but I reallllllllyyyyy need you to potty train. Like today.

Tomorrow the latest.

Do any of you have any tricks on trying to get a child to be fully potty trained? The potty chart and prizes clearly aren't working. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I have always dreaded something like this happening and have heard similar stories. I am so sorry you had to deal with this, it sounds horrible! I really hope your little guy is ready to be potty trained soon and you don't have to go through this much longer...*fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete