OHHHHH.EEEEEMMMMM.GGEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! NEW MOON WAS A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!! But today, I'm barely functioning. We will get to that later.
My friend and I got to the theater (and had to park in no man's land, in the freezing cold, mind you) and got our New Moon faces on. We entered the theater to find my other friends (aka Aiden's teachers, hehehehe) and the theater was PACKED.
I was surprised to see the whole place filled with ADULTS. Yes, ADULTS. I think all the tween girls had gone at 12:01 yesterday morning to see it. AND there were tons of guys there too! Ok, I lied, there were about 5 guys total. But it seemed like a lot for a chick flick.
Around 8:40, the theater lights dimmed and we proceeded to watch 1 million previews (again, slighty exaggerated) before we got to the actual movie. REALLY? Why do we have to watch so many previews? Is that what we are really paying for? 10 minutes was a little ridiculous. But whatever... here comes the best part.
First thing you see is a moon. A yellow moon. AND everyone in the theater went NUTS. I'm not just talking little screams... I'm talking full blown-can't-hear-myself-scream-type-of-screams. This pretty much continued the entire movie... or at least when Jacob or Edward was on the screen.
Edward. Yum. Why can't he be real? Seriously... there is NO man like him. He says all the right things at exactly the right time. He is so very sparkly, and just... yum. WAIT A MINUTE... it sounds like I'm describing a gay guy. OH LORD. But really, Edward is to die for. Or at least become a vampire for.
Then, there is the WHOLE subject of Jacob. Never in my life have I ever felt like such a pedophile like I did last night. Jacob's body (excuse me, Taylor Lautner's body) was RIPPED. Like chiseled, greek god ripped. It hurt to even look at. But he's 17 in real life! 17-years-old! YUCK! NO. That is SO WRONG! I'm not gonna lie though. It was HOT seeing him with no shirt on the entire movie. It could also be that I haven't seen a half naked man in, uh, 6 months, but that's an entirely DIFFERENT story.....
When the wolves actually turned into wolves... that was a little cheesy, the graphics weren't the greatest, but it was crazy to see how BIG they were. I really don't remember in the book them being SOOO BIG, but whatever. It was still cool.
The Volturi... never in my life would I ever mess with them. EVER. They scared me a bit. Ripping people's heads off. Yuck. I was surprised to see how great Dakota Fanning did though. I really wasn't happy when I had heard they cast her for Jane, but she really was good.
So, I'm offically a Team Jakeward fan. I can't choose who I want to run with. But, if I could, I'd take both anyday. I just need to make sure Jacob is at least 18.
I fully realize how old I'm getting. Going out to movies that end at 11:30 pm when you have kids is tough. I just want to crawl back in bed and have Twilight/New Moon dreams. Hmmmm.... sounds tempting, but I guess I'll be a good mama today and stay awake. I save those dreams for later.
Popping in from MBC!
ReplyDeleteNow following you...
So Jealous...
I haven't seen New Moon Yet!