Friday, December 11, 2009

Free Kids?

Sorry I've been MIA in the past week.... the cold bug got me again! I'm ready to be over all this sickness that has found me this winter :)

Let's get started.

What is the rule on doing kid giveaways? I mean literally.... kid giveaways?

You can win yourself 3 boys! One is potty trained, but two aren't. *Sorry about that*

I'm just kidding. Well, sort of. I would miss them terribly, but it seems like this SNOW WEEK we had (more about that in a minute) has caused my kids to go into instant chaos mode.

Starting Monday, we had a 2 hour delay for school. It had snowed and the roads were bad... but not bad enough to close school the entire day. Around 9:40ish, I drove Carter to school but Aiden stayed with me. 2 hour delay = no AM preschool. Um... yeah. I really needed that break BUT... we won't go there. Moving on...

Tuesday I woke up at 6 all ready to get the kids to school and I turned on the TV and low and behold, NO SCHOOL. Both boys stayed home that day. Now that was some fun stuff.

Tuesday night rolls around and the school had already posted that there would be a 2 hour delay again on Wednesday. Carter had attended a half day of school at this point, and Aiden, well he got off AGAIN and had another day home with me.

All in all, Aiden attended preschool one day this week (preschool doesn't meet Fridays), and I have never been more ready to give my children away. Even CHANNING is on my last nerve. I mean, he is cute and all, but he has pulled all the ornaments off the tree and I'm finding them EVERYWHERE. He also has learned to scream whenever Aiden looks at him, so it's probably not a wonder why I have a headache along with my stuffy nose.

I don't mind having Aiden home with me, but we deal with a lot of behavior issues with him, so having that little break in the morning allows me to get some stuff done with only Chans in the house. But NOT THIS WEEK ;)

When they are all home together, that's when the chaos starts. Carter and Aiden are the worst. One is screaming and the other is punching or slapping. Where do boys get all this aggression from? I really think it's something they are born with. Just like the love of guns. Mine don't have to have toy guns because they make guns out of anything. Including dolls. I think if we ever had a daughter, I wouldn't know what to do with her with three older brothers! They probably would beat on her too! Poor thing.

I know one day I'm going to look back and think "Wow, I really miss all that noise in the house."

Wait a minute....

Maybe I won't.

At least not the screaming part. But I will miss my kids being babies. Ok, I think I can handle the fighting and ornament stealing for a while longer. It won't last forever.

But be ready in the next few weeks for my first real giveaway. It's coming soon :)

2 comments:

  1. yes..we do need our break sometimes..

    following via mbc...hope you can follow back..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by to follow from Mom Bloggers Club!

    Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete