Saturday, December 19, 2009

Sicky Sickness

Wow. This year has been a doozeeeeee! I got a call from the school on Friday saying Carter was throwing up. The whole way to the school I thought to myself "Are you sure you've got the right kid?" He didn't complain of a stomach ache that morning and didn't even act sick.

When I got there, I could see Carter sitting in the nurses office. He came out to me and all three ladies in the office told me that he had thrown up a lot. They continued on and on about how much he had thrown up... while he was standing right there! He looked so embarrassed and sad. (Don't even get me started on this. I am still upset about how this was handled)

I took him home and he proceeded to vomit in the car (thank God I had brought a bag) while we were pulling in the garage. This has been the weirdest flu ever though. There was no fever, no headache, nothing. Just vomiting. And not even consistently. It would last about 10 minutes, go away for 4 hours, come back for 10 minutes and then would be gone again! This continued on all night (I slept on the couch with him last night) and today, as of right now, he has been sicky free for the last 12 hours. Wooo. I was getting worried there because...

MY HUSBAND IS COMING HOME!

YAY! I'm so excited! Seriously.

It's about time.

I'm already preparing myself for the next deployment that is coming up next year, but trying to get everything ready for him to be home now. Plus, on the east coast (that's where he flys into, then out here to Colorado), as many of you probably already know, there is a horrible storm that has delayed and cancelled flights. OH NO! Just my luck. I've said it before

If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. :)

Hahahhaha! Just kidding. But really, it's a good thing that he's not in the States yet because we need to get this sickness outta this house before he comes home.

It's got to be so weird for him to come home too. I mean, when he left, he had a 13 month old who wasn't walking and talking, a 3 year old and a 4 year old. He now has a walking/talking 20 month old, a 4 year old and a 5 year old. He's missed so much. It's pretty unfair, but there are so many more families that have missed out more than he has. So I really can't complain.

Looking through pictures from the past 7 months, I found this. This was taken 10 days before he left.


This was taken today.

Our baby is now a little boy.*

*A little boy with a yuckie rash from drooling. Ouchie.

It's going to be a totally new life for Brian. But I can't wait to see him with our babies in the airport. It can't get here soon enough. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment